Structural Engineering Projects on which ACE engineers have worked include:
- Ralston Residential - Twilight, Boise Bench, ID
- Complete structural design of custom architectural design by A. Dennis Stevens, a student of Frank Lloyd Wright. Design included extensive cantilevers, complex lateral design, and tall regular and retaining walls.
- Richlin Pole Barn, Caldwell, ID
- Analysis of a pole barn for stability against expected, vertical loading.
Design of trusses, and General consulting on bracing.
- Bowler - Tilt-Up Concrete Warehouse, Nampa, ID
- 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse – Concrete tilt-up panels designed for
vertical and lateral loading, Truck bays, and Foundations for interior
columns and tilt-up panels.
- Bowler - Tri-Plex, La Grande, OR
- Structural analysis of the two-story triplex, wood apartment building
for vertical and lateral loads.
- Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center
- Structural analysis of the U.S. Forest Service tourist information
center. Structure is a log building designed to replicate the log cabin
buildings of Lewis & Clarks time.
- Tasco Co-Gen, Nampa, ID
- Structural design of concrete floors especially the cooling pond, which
was located on the roof of the four story building, for the generator.
- Crim Cabin, Cascade, ID
- Wood cabin with a Steel Moment Frame for lateral force resistance on
one wall and wood shearwalls on the rest of the building. Snow loading
of 150 lbs/sq. ft.(psf).
- Weathemon Residence, McCall, ID
- Residential structural design for Adair Homes. Snow load of 150 psf.
- Rennison Residence, Salmon, ID
- 2-story log cabin with large logs requiring x-brace cables to resist
the lateral loading. Heavy snow loading.
- Mitch's Floor Covering, Nampa, ID
- Commercial sales/display showroom with attached warehouse. Designs
included tall walls and large open spaces, mixed-use required special
- Dusty Acres Equestrian Centre, Boise, ID
- Masonry indoor riding arena with wood truss roof and stalls for horse
boarding – Design challenges included wildland urban interface and
long span trusses.
- Weatherby Residential, Marsing, ID
- Structural analysis of existing 4 level residential building and design
to fix problems. Also work as expert witness was part of the services
- Hilltop Cafe, near Boise, ID
- Masonry building was damaged and required investigation of existing
structure, analysis of the problems, and design of fix for remediation.
- Camp Pendleton, CA
- Engineer of Record and Design engineer on bleacher canopies at various
shooting ranges. Bleacher canopies were designed for steel frames with
metal sheeting for roofs and upper wall sun shading. The largest canopy
would hold 760 marines receiving instruction.
- Yermo Logistics Base, CA
- Wooden warehouses built during World War 2 were in need of seismic
upgrade. Site inspection and measurement of the 6 warehouses, 960 ft x
180 ft buildings, followed by analysis and design of the needed upgrades.
- San Diego Naval Yard, CA
- o Ballfield light pole foundation design for 70- to 90-ft light poles
in saturated soils.
- Susanville Little League Field, Susanville, CA
- Light pole design and foundation system including electrical wire sizing.
- New T-Ball field design and survey for layout.
- Days-End R.V. Park, Standish, CA
- Structural design of masonry office building that included showers,
laundry rooms, and upstairs residence.